Bubble Milk Tea

In the evening, after classes, homework, studying and dinner, I met up with a Chinese friend, Summer. We met at the optics experiment. Summer wants to improve her English and I want to practice Chinese. In addition, we get along well. She suggested to go out for 奶茶,milk tea, which is a big thing here in China. I had never tried that before so I was keen on trying it out.

In practice this means that you order at a stand a drink, usually a tea or fruit flavored drink often served with milk. In addition you can choose between several additional toppings, 珍珠 (pearls, tapioca starch balls), 波霸 (bubbles, bigger tapioca starch balls), 仙草 (grass jelly), 椰果 (nata de coco, jelly made from fermented coconut water), 红豆 (red beans), 布丁 (pudding),冰淇淋 (ice cream), 奶霜 (milk frosting?), 燕麦 (oats) and 去糖改密 (liquid honey?). Then you can also choose the degree of sweetness. I took a green milk tea with bubbles and grass jelly. I was surprised by how delicious it was! There are yet lots of different alternatives and combinations that I want to try out. The we walked around for a while and chatted in mixed Chinese and English. It was a fun night!



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Ensivaikutelmia lähiympäristöstä

Lunch with our classmates 午饭跟同学们

Våran "Dorm 16" (宿舍16)